Head for the West
If you want a wedding that’s simple and fun, this is a perfect theme idea.
- A cottage, farm or ranch works well, or a park with a sheltered picnic or barbecue area can be wonderful. Make sure accommodations for guests are not far from the celebration and that all special permits are obtained. A resort is another great option.
- Borrow cowboy boots or buy from a thrift store. Fill them with flowers and use them as centerpieces.
- Another centerpiece idea is to use baskets of cactus decorated with flowers.
- Decorate picnic tables with red checked tablecloths and baskets of blossoms (sunflowers work well). Use hay bales for seating.
- If trees or large bushes surround you, string tiny white lights through them to add drama.
- Country music and plenty of line dancing or square dancing (Hire a caller if you plan on having square dancing).
- Barbecue or roast pig served with baked beans.
- Serve fried chicken and ribs or a spicy Cajun feast.
- There are a couple of companies who are doing western-look wedding gowns. The bride could wear white cowboy boots studded with white rhinestones and the groom could wear a black cowboy hat.
- Use western-style invitations.
- For a unique favor, purchase small horseshoes from a local blacksmith and decorate with a ribbon bow. Add your names and wedding date in white acrylic paint on the backside (A horseshoe is a symbol of good luck).
- Fill small cowboy hats with candy and wrap with tulle and ribbon.
- You might also ask your guests to dress for the occasion.
- The new couple leaves the reception via a hay ride or horse drawn carriage.
Visit our Wedding Decorations Store for more decorating ideas and products.