Picture a beautiful rose garden by a sparkling blue lake. A soft warm breeze blows the aroma of fresh flowers through your hair and you can hear the sounds of birds chirping. If you love the outdoors and are fond of romantic settings, a garden wedding theme is perfect. This idea is remarkably versatile and inspired by the British tradition of the "wedding breakfast" (Even though it was usually held at two O'clock.)
- Lake sides, church gardens, mansion grounds, city park or botanical gardens. You can hold your wedding in the daytime or at night if there is adequate lighting available.
- A white lattice arch decorated with lots of white tulle (netting) and greenery makes a beautiful place to stand while exchanging your vows.
- Place garlands of roses along the center of tables.
- Use white linen tablecloths, white plates, white napkins and utensils.
- Sprinkle scented rose petals on the tables.
- Beautiful harp music or romantic ballads on a piano.
- Let delicate finger foods take center stage. Finger sandwiches, for example.
- Picture tree branches shimmering with small white lights. How romantic!
Visit our Wedding Decorations Store for more decorating ideas and products.