An ethnic theme is a great way to incorporate your heritage into your wedding ceremony and reception and a great way to personalize your day and teach your guests about your background. Heritage from both the bride and groom can be included.
- Artwork from your country would be used to decorate walls or act as centerpieces. The larger items are better and create more impact.
- Choose flowers from your native land if they are available through your florist.
- Choose your native music or hire a musician or family member to play a native instrument. If family or friends know certain songs, ask them to sing a love song in your native language or hire a professional vocalist or dancer. A native love story could be told to your guests.
- Food and drinks native to your ethnic background would be served during the reception.
- Part of the wedding ceremony would be in your family's native language.
- Be sure to include any native customs or games.
- Dress the part. An authentic or reproduced native wedding dress is sure to get attention. Have your family dress in native clothing as well.
Visit our Wedding Decorations Store for more decorating ideas and products.