This theme is simple and striking. It will definitely add drama to your wedding.
- Formal settings are best. Consider an elegant mansion or hotel ballroom.
- Use black and white decorations with clean and simple designs. White or clear balloons work very well here (See "Balloons Galore" theme for more ideas). Tie them with white or silver ribbon. Choose one other color to add interest in flower arrangements, but use sparingly. Black and white should dominate.
- White roses and white carnations.
- Rent silver candelabras to place on tables. Use long, white taper candles.
- Pure white table cloths, white plates, white napkins. Get your names printed on the napkins in black or silver. Choose clear or white utensils. Let the food or striking centerpiece supply the color.
- Chocolate wedding cake with white frosting.
- Bride wears a long white dress in a simple yet striking pattern. Keep frills and lace to a minimum.
- Bridesmaids wear long evening gowns in a simple style and solid color.
- The men wear black and white tuxes.
- Ask your guests to wear black and white.
- Prepare your own vows for the ceremony.
Visit our Wedding Decorations Store for more decorating ideas and products.