Reception Decorating - Special Touches
- Create a collage (picture board) of
the two of you growing up and meeting. Choose formal as well as candid photos and create
captions for each one.
- Display wedding gowns from family
members on walls or rented dress forms. Include a wedding photo of the bride next
to the dress.
- A table filled with family or
photos of the two of you will add a personal touch to your wedding.
- Christmas weddings call for
decorated Christmas trees.
- If trees or bushes surround you,
string tiny white lights through them to add drama and romance.
- Tie a big white bow to the collar
of the family dog or cat.
- Hang colorful piñatas and ask folks
try to break them with a stick while blindfolded.
- Dove releases are romantic and memorable.
- If you have a wedding theme, ask
your guests to dress the part. Western gear, black and white for contemporary settings
or 50’s attire are popular.
- Have a friend or family member
take a Polaroid of your guests as they arrive at your reception. The photos are
pinned to a silk tree (photo tree) and are given as favors when the guests leave.
- White Greek pedestals are great
for formal weddings. Spiral white tulle around each one and place large potted plants
on them. Consider renting one of the many styles available.