Reception Cake Table & Cake Decorations
- Skirt the table to the floor with rented linens and decorate the front of the cake table with items that reflect your theme.
- Place real flowers on the cake and use a beautiful cake topper.
- For Christmas, put small colored Christmas ball ornaments (edible) on your wedding cake instead of flowers. The entire top tier could be shaped to look like a Christmas tree. Try lots of edible clear glitter to make a "snowy" cake.
- Ask your bridesmaids to place their bouquets on the cake table.
- Silver or crystal punch bowls remain a popular item for weddings.
- Use colorful paper or china plates and monogrammed napkins.
- Scatter rose petals or faux crystal diamonds around the bottom of the cake. Add a few votive candles for an evening reception.
- Circle the base of the cake with shimmering chiffon or tulle fabric or use a pretty beaded garland to add sparkle.
- Purchase beautiful toasting goblets to share your first champagne as a married couple. Serving ware can be simple or ornate and dressed up with ribbons, flowers, or beads.