Reception Cake Table & Cake Decorations
- Skirt the table to the floor with
rented linens and decorate the front of the cake table with items that reflect your theme.
- Place real flowers on the cake and use a beautiful cake topper.
- For Christmas, put small colored Christmas ball ornaments (edible) on your wedding cake instead of flowers.
The entire top tier could be shaped to look like a Christmas tree. Try lots of edible clear
glitter to make a "snowy" cake.
- Ask your bridesmaids to place their bouquets on the cake table.
- Silver or crystal punch bowls remain a popular item for weddings.
- Use colorful paper or china plates and monogrammed napkins.
- Scatter rose petals or
faux crystal diamonds
around the bottom of the cake. Add a few votive candles for an evening reception.
- Circle the base of the cake with shimmering chiffon or
tulle fabric or use a pretty
beaded garland to add sparkle.
- Purchase beautiful toasting goblets
to share your first champagne as a married couple. Serving ware can be simple or ornate and dressed up with
ribbons, flowers, or beads.