Wedding Event Calendar
Keep your wedding planning on schedule and your stress level to a minimum with this handy checklist. Get the printable version.
As soon as possible:
- Tell relatives and close friends of your plans to marry.
- Choose a date and time for the event.
- Set the budget and decide who will pay for what.
- Draw up a guest list and discuss with fiancï¿½ and families.
- Reserve the wedding and reception locations.
- Decide on your wedding dress, headpiece, and accessories.
- Choose your wedding party; bridesmaids, groomsmen, ushers, special guests, etc.
- Interview and book an officiant.
- Interview and book a caterer and/or drinks supplier.
- Interview and book a photographer and/or videographer.
- Interview and book a florist.
- Interview and book the DJ or other entertainment.
- Send out engagement announcements.
- Make any rental reservations (tent, chairs, etc.).
- Discuss honeymoon and make reservations.
- Arrange for time off work, if necessary.
- Develop a record-keeping system for invitations, gifts, etc.
- Check that passports and inoculations are valid.
- Plan and book the honeymoon. Note: be sure that ticket names match the passport names.
- Optional: Organize wedding insurance.
4-6 months in advance:
- Plan for your new living arrangements.
- Register for your wedding gifts.
- Select color scheme.
- Choose wedding rings.
- Reserve wedding transportation.
- Order dress, undergarments, and accessories.
- Order the wedding cake.
- Order bridesmaids' dresses, shoes and accessories.
- Organize tuxedo rentals.
- Ask parents to select their attire.
- Choose and order wedding stationery, or make your own!
- Arrange for physical examinations, dental appointments, etc.
- Begin a beauty regime for hair, skin and nails.
2-3 months in advance:
- Reconfirm all prior bookings.
- Send out invitations with gift list details.
- Send out thank you notes as gifts arrive.
- Choose presents for attendants.
- Write vows.
- Choose site decorations (centerpieces, guestbook, favors, etc.).
- Draw up reception seating plan.
- Order traveler's checks if applicable.
- Plan ceremony timetable.
- Plan rehearsal dinner, and bridesmaids' luncheon.
- Make lodging arrangements for any out-of-town guests.
1 month in advance:
- Check state/county marriage license requirements.
- Check the fit of wedding attire.
- Follow up with guests who have not RSVP'd.
- Confirm date of wedding rehearsal.
- Prepare newspaper announcement.
- Book hairdresser and makeup appointments for the morning of the wedding.
1 week in advance:
- Hold bachelor and bachelorette parties and/or bridal shower.
- Put fees for the officiant, organist, etc. in marked envelopes and give them to the best man for distribution on the wedding day.
- Confirm final number of guest with caterer.
- Check seating plan and amend as necessary.
- Hold wedding rehearsal.
- Check travel details.
- Pack honeymoon clothes.
- Ensure that the best man, groom and father are preparing their speeches.
- Have a quiet dinner with your fiancï¿½ and just relax.
The day before:
- Double check everything.
- Arrange for the cake to be delivered.
- Arrange your wedding day attire and get to bed early.
Your wedding day:
- Give yourself plenty of time to get ready.
- Have the flowers delivered.
- Enjoy yourselves and don't sweat the small stuff. :)